Useful Imaging Documents
This is our archive of useful imaging documents which are
available for download. PDF files require the Acrobat
Reader to view or print.
Specification vs. 6.0 Final (PDF file; 374,502
- This is the latest version of the TIFF spec, although it
is starting to show its age (see the TIFF Technical
- TIFF Technical Note 1: TIFF Trees (PDF file; 6,649 bytes), (TXT
file; 34 Kbytes)
- This technical note proposes a method for relating
multiple images in a TIFF file in a hierarchical fashion.
It doesn't address the key problem with multiple image
TIFF, namely a complete lack of semantics.
Technical Note 2: Flaws in TIFF 6.0 JPEG (PDF
file; 36,657 bytes)
- This technical note addresses some serious deficiencies
in TIFF 6.0's handling of JPEG images and proposes a
much-needed re-working of JPEG in TIFF.
- JBIG Standard
(PDF file; 333,277 bytes)
Interchange Recommendations (JBIG under TIFF Proposal)
- This is a draft proposal by some members of the JBIG
Alliance on how to include JBIG-compressed binary and
low-depth grayscale data into a TIFF file. Being weighed
by Adobe Corporation for inclusion in the forthcoming
TIFF version 7.0.
Reserve Common Output Format
- This is the Fed's standard for delivery of check images
between the Fed and banks via CD-ROM and tape media.
- JFIF Specification (PDF file; 23,423 bytes)
- This defines all the additional useful information found in a
special APP0 marker segment of a JPEG file.
To propose additions to this list email@example.com